Tuesday, November 01, 2011

I heart Melbourne

I've been back in Melbourne nearly two months already!  And glad to say there's no post-holiday blues.  I've been busy catching up with everyone, getting back into work and the weekends have been jam packed. 

I got to see a whole two footy matches for the year as my beloved Saints got done by Sydney in the first week of finals which was a little disappointing.  But this year the weather held out for Derby Day.  We packed our picnic goodies and sneaky beverages to get in early and get our usual spot by the 300m marker.  As per usual I lost all my betting money, but the biggest rort of the day was $48 for a bottle of yellow.  Yes, no typo $48! 





The Sunday after Derby day there were Zombies in the city which was pretty cool.  I couldn't believed there were thousands of them.  And the effort some of them had gone to was amazing.  There were waves and waves of the undead, covered in blood and gore.  There were kiddie zombies, pirate zombies, zombies getting married, dancing, screaming and beer swilling zombies.  One really cool one was the monkey-wings zombie.









Being back in Melbourne in the Spring is great.  I've been running along the beach most mornings before work is good and although I only had 4 weeks once I got back to prepare I ran the half at the Melbourne Marathon and was pretty happy with my time.

Coming up is a trip to Tassie with the footy girls and a camping trip to Beechworth where I'm going to deliver the postcard I picked up in the Galapagos.  I hope the people who get the postcard think it's cool that it's hand delivered and don't just think I'm a freak.

No comments: